What is this?

If you have an interest in the mysterious world of Chinese revenue stamps this is the place to ask your questions or post details of your finds. Keeping an eye on this section is Mr Tom Shea author of "Notes on China Revenue Stamps" (copies still available)

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

Tommy1

What is this?

Post by Tommy1 »

forum 2.jpg
forum 2.jpg (77.67 KiB) Viewed 1907 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: What is this?

Post by admin »

What is this?

Tom, what you have here is
  • Very rare
  • Very interesting
  • Mentioned in a very good book
I am sure you already know this as you wrote the book in question. It is of course your
Notes on China Revenue Stamps by Tom Shea :D
For anyone who is interested in Chinese Revenue stamps this is a must have item.

So what is the answer to the question? The stamp illustrated is a tax stamp issued by the Shanghai Police Department, for more information I urge you to buy the book in question It contains information you just won't find elsewhere!

Below is an image that Tom sent me that has been uploaded as an attachment (note that attachments appear at the bottom of the post unless you click the place inline button as I have done here).

Shanghai-Police.jpg
Shanghai-Police.jpg (201.86 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

Thanks Tom for helping me with this demonstration which will appear in an article on how to use the forum in https://www.chinastampsociety.org/china ... r-magazine