Used PRC

This is the place to come for advance notice of new issues. To find out if your stamp is a reprint. To post ideas about why a certain stamp was issued. To announce a newly discovered variety, etc., We have experts Bill and Archie on hand and happy to help.

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

archiem

Used PRC

Post by archiem »

I am a long time collector of the PRC, since late 70’s or early 80’s. But I still have quite a few wants in the used PRC. I also am curious where all the used PRC is? Anyone know of a source?
Thanks

dzhuo

Re: Used PRC

Post by dzhuo »

Used PRC is board. Can you share the specific and details of what you are looking for? I assume you have checked eBay (unless you are looking for something that is very rare)?

archiem

Post by archiem »

Thank you for the reply.

No, I do not use eBay. Several reasons, but no need to go into them.

Specifically, used PRC from the GPCR period to maybe 10 years after. The GPCR issues are of course, many available, but very expensive. But the used stamps issued after that period are few and far between. And the values in the Scott and other catalogues are way too low from my viewpoint.

I guess I could get FDCs and soak the stamps off, but not my style of collecting. Besides, why ruin a FDC?

Zhaoonline has them sometimes, but usually in a bag of mixed period used and you have not much of an idea what you are getting.

dzhuo

Post by dzhuo »

I am not sure what GPCR stands for. You are referring to the cultural revolution period?

archiem

Post by archiem »

Cultural Revolution for short. "Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution" is the official term.

dzhuo

Post by dzhuo »

Are you looking for any used? Just commercial or CTO cancellation OK? Have you check sites like delcampe? Example: https://www.delcampe.net/en_US/collecti ... mps/china/. They seem to have them from time to time.