Sources for Reprints?

Post any topics or questions about Chinese Stamps here.

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

BL53931

Sources for Reprints?

Post by BL53931 »

OK confession, I cannot afford some of the PRC material issued prior to 1980 and in the past have bought facsimiles from some vendors located there or in Europe. I know that is unacceptable to a lot of people but I like to at least have representations of these attractive items filling the spaces. I mark them as forgeries.

I've been away from that collection awhile and now find nobody selling these on Ebay. Was there a crackdown that drove them off?

Can anyone suggest a source for these?

archiem

Re: Sources for Reprints?

Post by archiem »

It depends on whether you are asking about reprints which were officially printed, or facsimilies which may or may not be legitimate. The facsimilies I am talking about all have a thin diagonal line in the bottom corner, usually trying to invalidate the value.

I am not an active eBay buyer, but assume there are many there. Also a source might be the website of the American Philatelic Society

Code: Select all

www.stamps.org
and the website you are on of the China Stamp Society

Code: Select all

www.chinastampsociety.org
The CSS runs both an online stamp and cover section and a quarterly auction.

Good luck and keep searching.

BL53931

Post by BL53931 »

E bay has almost none listed. A few of the Monkey stamp but nothing else I can find. APS and CPS ditto. It's very strange; I checked under the 'China' category on 'Fakes and Reproductions' there was virtually nothing other than a few atrocious fakes of US stamps. I have to wonder if the PRC din't crack down on the sale of this material at some point in the past few years?

I'll just keep trying. Thanks for reply.

BL53931

Post by BL53931 »

I did locate a source for these. I understand this area is a bit sketchy for some collectors so will not mention the name of the source. If anyone cares to know, message me. Thanks for replies.

dzhuo

Post by dzhuo »

Just look under the main category. There are still loads of China forgery almost all of them are NOT marked as fakes. Many sellers from Russia and Malaysia and Taiwan are still selling them on a daily basis.

I hope your intention of buying these materials are not to resell them as authentic materials to other junior collectors.