Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

lasuss

Post by lasuss »

Hi,
I have just joined the forum (19 March 2018). I live in the UK and collect Chinese stamps from Imperial to the PRC, but not Hong Kong (though I have lived there) or Macua or Taiwan (that is, apart from when it was province of China). I have collected Chinese stamps off and on for years (about 60+) but never really put them properly in albums. So now I am retired I have the time and inclination. For this I am going to need some help with identification of some stamps. I use Chan (2010 edition), Scott (volume 2A 2018) and being a Brit, Stanley Gibbons of course (11th edition 2015).
I am also looking forward to offering and buying/exchanging stamps through the Society.
My main regret it that when I lived in Hong Kong (in the early 1980s) I never bought a single stamp - can you believe it? I bet the cultural revolution stamps were rather cheaper then!
Lawrence

lasuss

Re: New member

Post by lasuss »

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 2488 times
Here are some of the stamps I have yet to identify. Try as I might, I cannot locate them in the catalogues. Any help much appreciated.

archiem

Post by archiem »

Lawrence,

Those are Chinese revenue stamps, and hard to find, but there are catalogues out there that will help. You might want to post this in the revenue thread on this forum as many people who collect them are just as passionate about them as others are their favorite areas.

Good luck

lasuss

Post by lasuss »

Thanks for the help. I will take your advice and repost the question.
Regards.

archiem

Post by archiem »

Oh, when I said hard to find, I meant in a catalogue. They do not command a high price. Few stamp catalogues list revenue stamps, and China has over the years produced quite a few. They are considered by many a separate collecting area.

Good luck.

lasuss

Post by lasuss »

Thanks again.
Lawrence